Thursday, November 30, 2017

How I Got Hired by The Biggest Energy Company In The World? Part-2

In continuation with my previous post:

Kingdom tower where our office is located. 
However, my happiness in this american I.T company was short-lived, i have to leave and go back to the Philippines. In an unfortunate event, I had accidentally washed up my passport in the washing machine! 

Yes, I washed up my passport in the washing  machine of the hotel. Isn't it weird? or an act of idiocy, what do you think? I'm just human, I am not in control of everything.

I froze when I saw my passport inside the washing machine for an hour along with my clothes, I was speechless - my entire body numbed for a moment. I was very scared and worried, my work visa is on my passport and now it has been ruined. I don't even know what to do and what would happened to me now.

Incident Brought Me Back Home

The Mosque in front of my hotel. 
To make the story short, the mishap brought me back home to renew my passport in the Philippines. I have promised my company to return after renewal of my passport which would take around two weeks by expedite processing.

However, in an absurd reason, the Department of Foreign Affairs in Cagayan de Oro branch told me that expedite processing is unavailable due to its printers are out of service!

Isn't it ridiculous? I was told that their printers are not working and that they cannot process my passport quickly. I have to wait for almost two months for my passport to be renewed, that was too long and too late. After I got my passport back, I went straight to our Manila office to process my visa back to KSA.

I Departed The Company


I have flown back home from Manila. 
Sadly, my company was disappointed of my returning very late and deemed my reason unacceptable. What could I do? The DFA told me there was no expedite processing due to its printers are out-of-service and that my passport came out late.

I cant blame my company either, in fact - no one would believed me if I tell them, "my passport was renewed late because our Foreign Affair's printers were out of order." 

It is truly and embarrassing alibi, shamed on the people working in that department of the government. The incident made me left the company, although I greatly loved my work there and the company itself.

It was among the darkest moment of my life, I have to start all over again from nothing. I was shrouded with desperation and frustration, for me, I could not find a better company like that anymore. Never again to find that company - I told myself! I was overwhelmed with negative thoughts, I have lost self-esteemed and confidence of myself.

Do you think i could still find a much better company now? Find out on my next blog and see what will happen! :)

If you want to know more about Saudi Arabia, please subscribe and follow me on the links below: 

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ksaforeverlove/
Blogger: http://dailythoughtsdotcom.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment